Thursday, September 12, 2019

Some Rumi Poems, Collected from Friends Emails of 2011...


Some Rumi Poems, Collected from Friends Emails of 2011...
^^^
Sadness to me is the happiest time,
When a shining city rises from the ruins of my drunken mind.
Those times when I'm silent and still as the earth,
The thunder of my roar is heard across the universe.
*
I will break the cycle of pain and remedy,
Break the cycle of kind and cruel. 
You saw me repent, and how sincerely -- 
Watch too when I break repentance's rule. 
*
Like a sculptor, if necessary, 
carve a friend out of stone. 
Realize that your inner sight is blind 
and try to see a treasure in everyone 
My heart is so small
It's almost invisible.
How can You place 
such big sorrows in it ?
"Look",He answered ,
" your eyes are even smaller ,
yet they behold the world" 
Even when you tear its petals off one after another, 
the rose keeps laughing and doesn't bend in pain. 
"Why should I be afflicted because of a thorn? 
It is the thorn which taught me how to laugh." 
Whatever you lost through fate, 
be certain that it saved you from pain. 
You, who make all my hardship easy
And the garden, trees, flowers, drunk with your gifts;
The rose is drunk, the thorn is lost in dream;
Pour one more cup, they'll join in your wine's stream.
*
You could string a hundred endless days together,
My soul would find no comfort from this pain.
You laugh at my tale ? You may be educated
But you haven't learned to love till you're insane.
*
Throw greed, jealousy, hatred out of your heart. 
Evil thoughts and temper - let them go. 
Deny this and you lose, so cut your losses. 
Own this and your profits quickly grow. 
You do bad deeds and hope to get back good 
Though bad deserves bad only in return. 
God is merciful and kind, but even so, 
If you plant barley, wheat won't grow. 
He is king who knows you, whatever you wear. 
Cry out without a sound and he will hear. 
Who doesn't speak to peddle self with words? 
Who knows the truth in silence, him I serve. 
*
I've lost, then found, my thoughts a hundred times,
Drinking till when? from my admirers' cup.
At work, or idle, I get nothing done.
We'll see where all this finally ends up.
*
I would shake the dust from my coat, and rise
If I realized my own perfection.
I would rush to the sky, empty and light;
My head would be high as the ninth heaven.
*
At times we are hidden, at times revealed;
We are Muslims, Christians, Jews; of any race.
Our hearts are shaped like any human heart,
But every day we wear a different face.
*
Through Love all that is bitter will be sweet 
Through Love all that is copper will be gold. 
Through Love all dregs will turn to purest wine 
Through Love all pain will turn to medicine. 
Through Love the dead will all become alive. 
Through Love the king will turn into a slave! 
**




No comments: