Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The name before the name before mine - Jay Besemer


The name before the name before mine

- Jay Besemer

 The unknown has hold of me and its grip is strong as honey on the underside of a spoon   

The unknown i mean is not the usual one the future the tomorrow of survival         

But the past and what happened in the name of the name after mine and in the name of the name before mine     

I do not know enough to speak I do not know enough to remain silent        

There is a fear that holds me and it sounds like wind it sounds like katydids in catalpa        

Ah the tall grass of the days before I knew there was a before me    

Where do I live if there’s no home remaining

Where do I live if the home I helped build can never be mine and the one I was born into never was         

No comments: