Sunday, July 18, 2021

Quatrains (11) ,I'll go a 100 steps beyond reason - Rumi-



Quatrains (11), I'll go a 100 steps beyond reason 

- Rumi-

Let your water flow, and you nurture the young tree;
Turn your back, and you uproot me.
I was dust beneath thorns' feet, I was dry.
You have raised me, Moon: I am one with the sky.
*

I said I would take my heart back from you, but I can't,
Or that I would live on without this pain, but I can't.
I said I would banish desire for you, but I can't.
I swear to you, as I am a man, I can't.
*
A thousand brilliant beauties filled the garden;
There were violets and musk-scented roses.
The stream was not those drops that trickled slow,
A mere excuse: He was himself the flow.
*
"I gave you my heart and my faith," I said,
"I showered on you everything I had."
"You?" she said, "Who cares what you do or not? 
I shook you up, and this is what I got." 
*
Delicate moon, who ripens the harvest of life,
At my little window you show your face.
My garden of life, bright light of my eyes,
When will I hold your light in my embrace?
*
I'll go a hundred steps beyond reason,
Free from the existence of good and evil.
You are so good that I'm beyond the veil.
Let the clueless know: I will love myself.
*
The stock of a man's wisdom is madness:
It's a wise man who loves till he's insane.
Who knows his own heart well on the road of pain
Is to himself a thousand ways a stranger.
*
My heart wanted only a kiss from you; 
The price you asked for that kiss was my soul.
Heart jumped in the deep and flowed alongside soul,
Advising, 'Close the deal. The price is cheap.'
*
I'm sad that as she binds me in this pain,
My love does not intend my heart to gain 
Its happiness. When she sees my distress 
She laughs in secret at this sweet, sweet jest.
*
I'll swallow the pain that bleeds from your love's wound.
I'll bear your cruelty until judgment day.
That day, when truth lies bare, you'll beg for life
And I will stare at your beloved face.
***

No comments: