Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Quatrains (7) , Passion - Rumi-

A Portrait - Gibran -


Quatrains (7) , Passion 
- Rumi-


What can I do, my love? I'm in love with your face. 
Your beautiful eyes make me shy, what can I do? 
Each and every moment, passion rises, peaks, flows, 
And I haven't a clue about what to do, God knows. 
I asked you for one kiss, you gave me six. 
What teacher taught you, that you're such an expert? 
You're so deep a source of goodness, so kind 
That you've set the world free a thousand times. 
Any thief of a kiss can have your lips free; 
When it's my turn you set a high price. 
Any crime you forgive without real cause; 
But mine?--you cry for the harshest of laws. 
Remembering your lips, I kiss the ruby on my ring; 
One I cannot reach, I kiss the one I can. 
My hand can't touch your distant sky, 
And so I bow full low and kiss the land. 
My heart wanted only a kiss from you; 
The price you asked for that kiss was my soul. 
Heart jumped in the deep and flowed alongside soul, 
Advising, 'Close the deal. The price is cheap.' 
With a smile biting those two ruby lips, 
How beautifully, idol, you've come to life! 
Stealing my heart that day was not enough; 
Today you're back, intent upon my life. 

**

No comments: