Thursday, July 4, 2019

Quatrains (8) , Sadness - Rumi-

Sadness by Gibran.

Quatrains (8) , Sadness
- Rumi-


Even if the whole world were gripped by sadness
He would not be sad who holds love firm in hand.
And if love makes him dance, even a little,
There are worlds and worlds within that little land.
*
What is sadness, that settles like dust
On hearts that are bitter and burdened?
The heart that holds God holds an ocean
Whose joyous waves make the earth turn.
*
May grief and sadness come to the unfaithful heart,
And in this world may betrayal play a smaller part.
Sadness is the only friend who stays with me, still true,
And for that, loyal sadness, a thousand thanks to you.
*
Sadness to me is the happiest time,
When a shining city rises from the ruins of my drunken mind.
Those times when I'm silent and still as the earth,
The thunder of my roar is heard across the universe.

**


No comments: