Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Quatrains (2) - Rumi -



I whispered an offer softly in the ear of your playful heart.
I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.
You know what's on my mind, you've heard my thoughts,
And now, what I described to you last night, I'll do today.
*

I grasp at your feet, I won't let you go.

Your love hurts my heart; whose cure should I seek?
You taunt me; you say that my heart runs dry.
If so, then why does it flow from my eyes? 
*
I made a journey through the desert of your love

Searching for some hint that you might join me.
I saw in every home I passed along the way
The corpses scattered of those who went before me.
*
I told my heart, if there's a chance to speak,

Tell my love, between the lines, my sadness.
Heart answered me, "When I meet my lover,
The sight of her leaves me no need for speech.
*
If I hold you in my heart, you'll wither;
Become a thorn if I hold you in my eyes.
No, I'll make a place for you within my soul instead

So you'll be my love in lives beyond this life.
**




No comments: