Friday, May 24, 2019

Quatrains (6) - Rumi-



If I wait, pain will come from missing you.
If I declare my love, then jealousy arrives.
So I abstain, keep stone away from glass:
Loving you makes trouble come to pass.
*
Longing for her, at times you tell sad tales
To your sore heart, or wash your hands of life.
Why do you search the world, confused and weak,
For one who's inside you? Who do you seek?
*
Go away, logic, there's no thinker here,
Nor room for even your finest split hair.
When the day comes, whatever lamp gives light
Is shamed by the face of the sun's bright glare.
*
You're the road of love, and at the end, my home,
One of the crowd, and yet I see you crowned;
I see you in stars, in the sun, in the moon,
Here in the green leaves, and high on the throne.
*
My heart delights in the garden of your face
And the honey of your cruelty's bitter taste.
Of the sorrow itself, I do not complain
But only your pleasure at hearing my pain.

**

No comments: