Friday, May 10, 2019

You have your Lebanon and I have mine. - Gibran- لكم لبنانكم و لي لبناني


You have your Lebanon and I have mine. 
You have your Lebanon with its problems, and I have my Lebanon with its beauty. 
You have your Lebanon with all its prejudices and struggles, and I have my Lebanon with all her dreams and aspirations.
Your Lebanon is a place of conflict and deception. My Lebanon, is a place of beauty and dreams of enchanting valleys and splendid mountains. 
Your Lebanon is inhabited by functionaries, officers, politicians, committees, and factions. 
My Lebanon is for peasants, shepherds, masons, young boys and girls, parents and poets. 
Your Lebanon is empty and fleeting, whereas 
My Lebanon will endure forever.
*

لكم لبنانكم و لي لبناني 
لكم لبنانكم و معضلاته ، و لي لبناني وجماله . 
لكم لبنانكم بكل ما فيه من الأغراض و المنازع ،
 ولي لبناني بما فيه من الأحلام و الأماني .
لكم لبنانكم فاقنعوا به ،
 ولي لبناني و أنا لا أقنع بغير المجرد المطلق . 
لبنانكم عقدة سياسية تحاول حلها الأيام ،
 أما لبناني فتلول تتعالى بهيبة و جلال نحو ازرقاق السماء .
لبنانكم مشكلة دولية تتقاذفها الليالي ،
 أما لبناني فأودية هادئة سحرية تتموج في جنباتها رنات الأجراس و أغاني السواقي .
لبنانكم وفود و لجان ،
 أما لبناني فمجالس حول المواقد في ليال تغمرها هيبة العواصف و يجللها طهر الثلوج.



No comments: